What is Google Apps For Education (GAFE)?
A cloud based hosted solution for email, calendar, documents, and chat which provides an integrated communication and collaborative environment.
Why use Google Apps For Education (GAFE)?
Google Apps is an appropriate-use tool that affords students the opportunity to participate in authentic online learning in a safe environment, expanding their opportunities to learn using higher level thinking skills. Additional benefits are:
- Provide students with access to current technology applications and free tools designed for collaboration with other students and teachers.
- Give students the ability to work on their documents both in school and at home - anytime and anywhere from any Internet connected device.
- Help students work collaboratively, engage in peer-editing of documents, and publish for a wider audience within the school.
- Facilitate paperless transfers of work between students and teachers.Provide long-term storage spaces for student work.
- Provide potential cost savings in terms of software licensing and document storage.
Who gets access to Google Apps For Education (GAFE)?
Individual accounts are issued to every teacher and staff member. Depending on grade level, individual accounts are issued to each student in the school.
I have other questions about Google Apps For Education (GAFE). What should I do?
Review the FAQ for Google Apps For Education (GAFE).
How do I get access to Google Apps For Education (GAFE)?
Click here to access.
TECH TIP: Save Time Getting to Google Apps for Education (GAFE)